SMART Recovery® offers self-empowering addiction recovery support meetings in San Diego.
These meetings are free and open to everyone! All you have to do is show up!
We sign court cards.
Point 1: Building and Maintaining Motivation
Point 2: Coping with Urges
Point 3: Managing Thoughts, Feelings, and Behaviors
Point 4: Living a Balanced Life
SMART Recovery® Tools & Techniques
The SMART Recovery® 4-Point ProgramSM employs a variety of tools and techniques to help individuals gain independence from addiction and addictive behaviors. Participants are encouraged to learn how to use each tool and to practice the tools and techniques as they progress toward Point 4 of the program — achieving lifestyle balance and leading a fulfilling and healthy life. These tools include:
- Stages of Change
- Change Plan Worksheet
- Cost/Benefit Analysis (Decision Making Worksheet)
- ABCs of REBT for Urge Coping
- ABCs of REBT for Emotional Upsets
- DISARM (Destructive Irrational Self-talk Awareness & Refusal Method)
- Role-playing and Rehearsing
- USA (Unconditional Self-Acceptance)